SCBA is hiring! Please view available job(s) below and contact us with questions at email@example.com.
Communications and Engagement Officer
Proudly serving South Carolina’s banking industry since 1900, the South Carolina Bankers Association (SCBA) is the professional trade association organized to effectively represent the common interest and welfare of the banking industry in South Carolina and to promote the professional development of its members and their employees.
The SCBA’s primary focus is to serve as a reliable and responsive source of information and education regarding areas of importance to the industry and to be the key advocate in helping our member institutions by providing leadership in legislative, regulatory, educational and value-added services.
SCBA is looking for an outgoing, creative, driven professional to develop content, oversee social media and web platforms, develop strategic messaging to support SCBA’s mission, drive program messaging, and increase engagement with members. The ideal candidate will have experience in writing, photography, graphic design, and digital/social media.
SCBA is an equal opportunity employer. We offer competitive salary, benefits, and retirement plan.
- Produce clear, concise, error-free copy for the association’s Palmetto Banker magazine, press releases, short articles, event brochures, marketing materials, newsletters, and other materials as needed.
- Generate ideas for articles and other content that supports the mission of SCBA and reflects the best practices in journalism and latest trends in digital media.
- Develop and provide recommendations for social media campaigns (researching, writing, designing, and editing) for distribution on SCBA social media channels.
- Provide recommendations for content placement, basic design and layout, and organization of SCBA’s external-facing website, and provide quality control.
- Track and report performance analytics and develop strategies for continuous improvement of digital communications initiatives.
- Pursue and maintain print and digital advertising relationships.
- Provide support to Senior Vice Presidents to increase member engagement with conferences, conventions, schools, committees, products, and services.
- Develop, design, and distribute print and electronic media including, but not limited to, program flyers, PowerPoint presentations, event signage, and marketing material (swag), etc.
- Support the SCBA staff at events with various needs including photography, friendly and professional interaction with attendees.
- Prepare all email marketing and engagement campaigns.
- Develop new avenues for member engagement.
- Additional job duties based on needs of the organization.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, marketing, business, or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of best practices to professionally represent a brand or organizational voice on social media.
- Strong written communication skills with proven ability to present, write, edit and organize thoughts in a clear, concise, and well-organized manner.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, WordPress, Zoom/webcasting, and email management programs.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn.
- Ability to think proactively, take initiative, and see tasks through to completion with appropriate follow-up.
- Ability and willingness to extend beyond the job description.
Qualified applicants wishing to apply, please send a cover letter with salary expectations and résumé to:
Chief Operating Officer
South Carolina Bankers Association
PO Box 1483
Columbia, SC 29202
Or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org