2019 Bank Security Risk Management Conference
Security continues to be the main focus and priority of financial institutions today. With enhanced technology, growing concerns for violent crime in the workplace and new scams originating daily, bank employees can never be too careful or too knowledgeable about these contemporary and current topics. This conference will provide you with an overview of numerous crimes that target financial institutions, the recent scams in 2019 and how your organization can prepare, deter and investigate these offenses.
Security has been a priority to the financial sector for years, however with more crimes taking place, banks are now forced to safeguard people, data and assets within their organization. This training will address hot topics today that have impacted financial institutions internally and externally. Get the latest information to bring back to your organization for a fantastic training session!
Regulation– friend or foe
- The clash between privacy and security
- The conflict of interest that banks and customers face
- Challenges that banks have to overcome
- Too much discretion?
- How much interpretation is left to the security officer?
Real Time Payments
- Overview of the new real time payments
- The advantages and disadvantages of RTP
- Why banks will be more likely to utilize this in the near future
Payroll Scams – the new BEC
- Scams today targeting payroll positions
- How a cyber criminal uses social engineering techniques to obtain the employees’ credentials
- Mitigating threats
- Prevention tactics
Security Officer 101
- Roles of the new security officer
- Responsibilities and requirements
- Investigative tools and resources
- Policies and procedures
- Report writing practices
- Developing good habits
Addressing threatening acts/crimes from a security standpoint
- Workplace Violence
- Active Shooter
- Uncomfortable customers
- What can banks do to improve safety techniques
- Bank Protection Act reviewed
9:00 a.m. | Registration
9:30 a.m. | Business Session Begins
12:30 p.m. | Luncheon
1:15 p.m. | Business Session Continues
4:00 p.m. | Adjourn
$320 | Members
$695 | Non-Members
Registration Deadline | September 18
Refund Deadline | September 20
Each Attendee Will receive a Certificate of Security Management Training.