2021 Directors and Managers Workshop featuring David Kemp
Hot Topics for Bank Directors
This one day workshop is designed to assist bank directors and executive management with carrying out their duties and responsibilities. Directors and management make a pledge to “Enhance/Increase Shareholder Value”. This commitment is at the heart of the fiduciary responsibilities. This class explores the relationship between Bank Directors and Management, Regulators, Customers, Employees and Shareholders. As banking is a very regulated business, we will cover the many requirements that directors face on a day to day basis. The perfect director is described as being Knowledgeable and Active.
The program employs the use of lecture, case studies, and industry updates. The primary focus is on the HOW to be a good director. Regulators are increasingly holding directors responsible for the Safety & Soundness and Performance of the bank. The safety & soundness concept is rooted in the concept of Risk Management (Asset Quality, Liquidity, Interest Rate, and Operational). Specific Topics to be covered include:
- The Future of Bank: Branches vs. Digital
- Bank Performance Trends
- Improving Bank Performance
- CEO Selection
- The value of high-quality customer service
- Bank stock liquidity & value
- Audit Controls
This session has proven to be very popular, as it broaches Compensation, CEO performance evaluations, and Strategic planning.
9:00 a.m. – Registration
9:30 a.m. – Hot Topics for Bank Directors presented by David L. Kemp
In today’s environment, bank directors are under ever-increasing pressure from regulators, shareholders and customers to keep their institutions in sound financial and regulatory shape. The perfect director is described as being knowledgeable and active.
This program will include a discussion of the critical relationship between the board and regulators, and the appropriate board reaction to regulatory enforcement actions. Board-driven strategic planning will also be explained. Board and management review tools are also included in this program.
Noon – Luncheon
1:00 p.m. – Hot Topics for Bank Directors, continued
3:00 p.m. – Adjournment
About This Series
- This training has been developed so a director will receive quality training each year;
- Regulators are increasing holding directors responsible for the Safety & Soundness and Performance, thus making yearly director training a must;
- The series is developed in three modules: Bank Director I, Bank Director II and Hot Topics for Bank Boards;
- Each year a new module will be introduced;
- Once all three modules are completed it begins again with module 1; and
- Even if you have attended SCBA Director training with David Kemp previously you should attend each year as the series is developed as ongoing training and yearly review for bank directors.
5.4 CPE Credit Hours Available
Submitted for CLE Credit Approval
Please Register Before Tuesday, September 7.
Lunch is included in the registration fee. Due to necessary commitments and expenses, there will be no refund of registration fees after 12 noon on Monday, March 9, 2020.
Substitutions can be made.