2022 Consumer Lending School
This two day program is an interactive class that combines lecture, case study, and role play. It is intended to provide the participants with the basic lending skills required to manage the bank’s consumer loan process. Today’s loan officer must master not only lending but sales skills, as well as, regulatory compliance. Credit scoring alone cannot substitute for the judgment and analytical skills of the loan officer. Regulators have upped the anti as loan file administration is central to a good safety and soundness exam.
SPECIFIC SKILL TO BE ACQUIRED:
• The ability to perform a global debt analysis
• Improved interview skill
• Understanding all qualifying sources of income • Understanding credit scoring factors
• Basic consumer loan documentation
• Debt Capacity Analysis
• Lending to Self Employed Borrowers
• Business Development Skills
• Evaluating Collateral Values
• Current Consumer Debt Trends
The top performing banks in the Country have 20% – 30% of their outstanding loans; in consumer loans. The big advantages to these banks are higher portfolio yields and portfolio risk diversity. In addition, the consumer loan portfolio also generates fee income. In short, banks cannot afford to not focus on this hidden source of business.