We have proudly served South Carolina’s banking industry for over 115 years. The SCBA is the professional trade association organized to effectively represent the common interest and welfare of the banking industry in South Carolina, and to promote the professional development of its members and individual practitioners. Representing over 70 depository institutions in the state, our members have approximately 99.5 percent of all South Carolina deposits, according to the FDIC. Bank membership includes institutions that are headquartered in South Carolina and out-of-state. State headquartered banks range in size from over $8 billion to less than $50 million in assets. Out-of-state-headquartered members include the larger nationwide institutions such as Bank of America and Wells Fargo, along with all super regional banks with operations in South Carolina. We also have an active Associate Membership group of more than 150 companies and firms that provides valuable resources to our member banks. Governed by the board of directors, the SCBA employs a full-time staff of professionals dedicated to carrying out every phase of the Strategic Plan. It is the mission of the South Carolina Bankers Association to be the key advocate in making the communities served by our members the best possible places to do business by providing leadership of legislative, regulatory, educational, and value-added services.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Become a part of an Association that represents financial institutions of all sizes, serving as a unified voice for the banking industry on both the state and federal level
- Enhance your leadership and professional development by dedicating your time to a board or committee
- Receive invitations to attend and interact with colleagues and peers during relevant and timely educational seminars and events, especially the SC Bankers School
- Opportunity to partner with Preferred Vendors, companies who have been identified and vetted to bring value‐added products and services designed to make life easier for our bankers
- Access to our on-line directory which includes a list of our Associate Members that can assist your institution
- Eligible for Scholarship Opportunities only offered to children of our member bank employees
- Stay abreast of industry news through the Palmetto Banker, Two Cents, and social media outlets
- Develop friendships and relationships that last a lifetime
ASSOCIATE MEMBERSHIP PROGRAMEvery Associate Member provides a product and service specifically designed for banks. Businesses benefit from increased visibility and expanded marketing opportunities while SCBA member banks receive more options for top-quality, cost-effective products and services. By joining the South Carolina Bankers Association, your organization has a unique opportunity to increase exposure in the South Carolina financial services market and form valuable partnerships with more than 80 member banks and 150 other associate members.We encourage our associate members to take every opportunity to be involved in the Association: network with bankers through a multitude of events; engage in the educational opportunities available; and showcase their business through sponsorships, speaking engagements and advertising opportunities available only to associate members. The SCBA hosts a wide array of more than 20 important conferences, seminars and conventions throughout the year. Thanks to the increased engagement of our member institutions, we saw a jump of approximately 50 percent in banker participation last year.JOIN TODAY!If you’re ready to become an associate member, click here to download an application, apply online or contact Carolyn L. Bradley at 803.779.0850 or email@example.com and request your membership packet today.Associate membership will allow you the opportunity to build strong relationships with our financial institutions and stay informed of changes, activities and attitudes of the banking industry.RENEWALS
Already a member? You can renew your membership by clicking here and adding the membership to your shopping cart.MEET OUR MEMBERSThe SCBA encourages you to consider one of these companies when looking for products and services. Each company has been approved as an Associate Members because of their commitment to the banking industry and support of the Association. Meet our members in the Associate Member Directory.