There are three ways to contribute to our State PAC:
- Corporate contributions from state chartered banks or non-bank affiliates of nationally chartered banks;
- Contributions from other PACs;
- Personal contributions from employees of member banks.
- State Chartered Institutions – State Chartered Institutions may make corporate contributions directly into the SCBA State PAC.
- Federally Chartered Institutions – Federally chartered institutions are legally prohibited from making direct corporate contributions into the SCBA State PAC. Federally chartered institutions with in-house PACs may make PAC to PAC contributions to the SCBA State PAC. Contributions may also be made by non-bank affiliates such as holding companies.
- Reporting Requirements – Contributions to the SCBA State PAC may be subject to state reporting requirements.
Participation in the SCBA State PAC is not limited to bank executives. All employees who recognize the importance of the legislative process in maintaining a competitive and fairly regulated banking industry are encouraged to participate with personal contributions.
If an employee would like to make a personal contribution to the State PAC, please make the check payable to SCBA State PAC, PO Box 1483, Columbia, SC 29202.